HIGH-LEVEL TIMELINE/KEY DATE
- 02/25/2021 Launch of ECM & CPIM 7.0 exam/courseware products / Last day to purchase CPIM 6.0 learning system and bundles
- 03/30/2021 Last day to purchase CPIM 6.0 exam credits
- 03/31/2021 CPIM 7.0 exams launch
- 09/30/2021 Last day to purchase CPIM 6.0 ATTs; if a 6.0 exam is failed after this date, a 7.0 exam must be taken.
- 04/1/2022 Last day to take CPIM 6.0 exam
- 04/2/2022 CPIM 6.0 exams are discontinued
Q. WHY IS THE CPIM CONTENT BEING UPDATED?
A. APICS certifications follow an industry best practice standard for high-stakes certification programs to evaluate the job roles of supply chain and operations management practitioners and to identify how the functions, skills and knowledge needed in the role evolve over time. A Job Task Analysis (JTA) evaluation is conducted for CPIM every 3-5 years through an extensive international research project. Qualitative and quantitative results are reviewed by a panel of industry subject matter experts who change CPIM content as outlined in the Exam Content Manual (ECM) based on the research data.
- To ensure the content represents current practices and knowledge in the industry.
- To capture any emerging trends or changes in the industry since the previous content update.
Q. WHAT IS BEING CHANGED WITH THE CPIM CONTENT AND EXAMS?
A. The CPIM content and exams will be updated to reflect any changes to the subject matter and industry that have taken place since the previous content update, representing new industry trends, changed priorities, and other such changes in knowledge and practices represented in the CPIM program.
Q. HOW DOES THE CPIM EXAM CONTENT UPDATE AFFECT ME?
A. If you have not begun your journey to earn your CPIM, we strongly encourage you to evaluate which version of the exams fits best for your study timeline. If you have already begun your CPIM journey, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with your exam timeframe, including the expiration date of your exam credit, when your ATT will expire, and the final date to take your exam. We also strongly encourage you to consider different impacts to your testing timeframe, including the time you have available to prepare for your exam, the possibility of needing to retake an exam, and other factors, prior to committing to a particular version or study/test-taking timeframe.
Q. WHEN WILL THE NEW CPIM V7.0 ECM BE AVAILABLE?
A. The new CPIM version 7.0 Exam Content Manual will be available February 25, 2021.
Q. WHEN WILL THE NEW EXAMS BE AVAILABLE?
A. CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2 Version 7.0 exam, courseware, and bundle products will be available for purchase beginning February 25, 2021. The new version 7.0 CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2 exams begin testing on March 31, 2021.
Q. WHEN WILL THE CURRENT EXAM BE RETIRED?
A. For Individuals: The CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2 version 6.0 bundles and learning systems will be sold until February 25, 2021. CPIM version 6.0 ATT purchases will be discontinued on September 30, 2021, including retakes.
For Partners/Corporate: The CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2 version 6.0 partner bundles and learning systems will be discontinued on February 25, 2021. CPIM version 6.0 exam credit purchases will be discontinued on March 30, 2021 with CPIM 6.0 ATT purchases discontinued six months later on September 30, 2021.
For all: The final date to take version 6.0 CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2 exams will be April 2, 2022. Any candidate who needs to retake their CPIM exam after April 2, 2022 will be required to take the corresponding CPIM version 7.0 exam.
Q. WILL I GET THE FULL 6-MONTH AUTHORIZATION FOR MY EXAM CREDIT/ATT?
- Version 6.0: Even if you receive a version 6.0 CPIM exam credit on the final date of purchase (March 30, 2021), your exam credit will not expire until 6 months later on the final date of version 6.0 ATT purchases (September 30, 2021). In turn, even if you purchase a version 6.0 CPIM ATT on the final date of purchase (September 30, 2021), you will have a full 6 months to schedule and sit for your exam before the final date of testing on April 2, 2022.
- Version 7.0: You will always have your full 6-month authorization period. Even if you purchase your exam prior to the first date of testing (March 31, 2021), your exam credit/ATT will not expire until 6 months after that date (September 30, 2021). All exam purchases made on or after the first date of testing date will have the normal 6-month authorization timeframe.